Address :Caswell Street, Peak Hill NSW 2869
Telephone :(02) 6869 1452
In 1885 five sisters of St Josephs from Perthville came to Peak Hill to establish Catholic Education. School was conducted in the church and boarders were accommodated the adjoining convent in Derringbong Street. There was an enrolment of 70 pupils. In 1912 Father Michael Heath was appointed to the parish of Peak Hill. He was responsible for the construction of the main part of the present school building in Caswell Street in 1913. Another classroom was added in 1949.
In 1939 the Perthville sisters returned to the Bathurst Diocese and the Sisters of Mercy of Wilcannia-Forbes took over Catholic education in Peak hill to intermediate standard. After the introduction of the Wyndham Scheme in 1962, St Joseph's became a Primary School and the majority of secondary students attended Peak Hill Central School.
St Joseph's caters for kindergarten to Year 6. Qualifed caring staff are devoted to the growth and development of each child.